Pages

World Largest Barbie Doll Collection Record set by Bettina Dorfmann

Bettina Dorfmann from Dusseldorf, Germany, has entered the Guinness Book of World Records for her collection of more than 6000 Barbie dolls.

Dorfmann, 48, has as many as 6,025 of the iconic dolls.

The obsessed Barbie fan has accommodated the dolls in a bedroom, her cellar and half the kitchen in her house.

She plans a collection of at least 10,000 dolls.

`There`s probably nothing I don`t know about Barbie,` the Mirror quoted her as saying.

`It drives my husband crazy every time I come home with a new doll. When I tell him it`s getting harder and harder to get the rare ones he laughs and says, ``That’s because they are all here in the house!```

`I guess I`m obsessive but I have just liked them since I was a little girl. People say I look like Barbie - although I don`t go out of my way to look like her. My hair is naturally blonde,` she added.

As the Barbie turns 50 next month, Dorfmann has decided to move her own birthday two days further so that they can celebrate on the same day.

`Barbie`s birthday is on March 9 and mine`s on March 7, but I thought we might as well have a party on the same day. Barbie`s got a better figure than me but I think we`ve both aged well,` she said.

`There`s nothing I would change about Barbie. I know her legs are too long and her feet too small, but that makes her Barbie,` she added.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails