Pages

Cambuslang boxer World Records

A CAMBUSLANG man has boxed his way into the Guinness Book of World Records.

Mark Scott was aiming to set the record for most consecutive rounds of boxing at the Griphouse Gym in Maryhill to raise funds for Yorkhill Children's Foundation.

And the 39-year-old did so in style, surpassing his expectations and managing 111 rounds in seven-and-a-half hours.

He said: “It was great to get it done so now I just need to send everything to Guinness to get it clarified.

“It feels good to have it done and get it out the way and I’m quite glad it’s over.

“It was extremely hard but my fitness was fine which I was quite surprised at! Pain wise my upper back started to hurt and my hands were sore but apart from that I didn’t feel too bad.”
In order to set the record Mark had to do at least 100 rounds.
As he explains he wanted to surpass the bare minimum to set the record in style: “It was round about 80 I decided I was going to keep going and I felt fine.

“I always wanted to do more than 100 as I knew 100 would just set the record and I didn’t want to do just enough to set it – I wanted to do more.

“I knew how tough it would be in the later rounds but I managed to keep going.”

There was no shortage of opponents for Mark as two boxing clubs as well as a Thai boxing club provided willing volunteers for Mark to face.

Although he hasn’t collected all the money he’s raised, Mark expects the total to be in the region of £500.

Last year Mark broke the record for most roundhouse kicks completed in one minute.

He managed 148 kicks in one minute, beating the previous record of 130.
When asked if he would be looking to set anymore records Mark claimed he was eager to find something else, and to not count him out of beating his current records.

He concluded: “There’ll be something in the pipeline, I’m going to take a couple of weeks off and think of something else.
“I love doing them, it’s good to challenge yourself and set yourself goals, especially at 39 so I want to do something to keep going.

“I think it is a record I could beat in the future, although it’s a lot of work.”

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails