Pages

Surfing Santa Claus in Seal Beach World Record Set by Michael Pless

Over 16 years, Michael Pless, 60, has been the local surfing Santa in Seal Beach.

He said, "I've been Santa since the early '70s for my own kids and lots of other kids. I used to go to houses and it brought lots of joy."

This time, Pless rides the waves in his special made Santa suit and into the hearts of many.

Being owner of M & M Surfing School in Seal Beach, Pless surfs nearly every day. So, he combined two things he loves; surfing and bringing joy to others.

He stated that I decided to take Santa to the beach because it brings the spirit of Christmas to the beach and people like surfing with him."

This is very first time when whole Pless family surfing as Santa together, where Jill, Pless' wife is surfing as Mrs. Santa and Michael Jr., his son ., portrays Frosty the Snowman.

He told, "There's a good reaction from people because it brings joy to everyone, adults and kids, just to see Santa out there"." taking only Christmas Day off.

He said, "I do it for the whole month because that's when the Christmas season starts." "It allows people to come down and see Santa. It's not just one day and it brings joy the whole month.

Pless, who started surfing at 12, not only runs a surfing school, but a respiratory business and at one time a decorating business. He also teaches science to kids grades kindergarten to 12 for his wife's home school business.

He said, "In my spare time I sleep a little.”

Although his days are full, Pless enjoys all he does.

"Surfing is actually my real job and the funny part - it's not a job," Pless said. "Hopefully, I bring some type of joy and enjoyment for people who are near me, which I try to do yearround. The Santa thing is just at Christmas."
When he's on shore between riding waves, surfing Santa gets the same reactions as a department store Santa.

He said, "Everyone is always very excited. They gather around and tell Santa what they want for Christmas and the kids come up and say `hi' ."

Video of Pless surfs as Santa the entire month of December

Source - World Record

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails