Pages

WORLD RECORDS BROKEN ON DAY TWO OF BRITISH GAS SWIMMING CHAMPIONSHIPS

Jonathan Fox (S7) was the undisputed star on day two in Manchester, breaking his own 100m Backstroke world record and clinching MC gold.

Fox impressed in his morning heat swim, lowering his record from last summer's IPC World Championships in Eindhoven to 1:10.70.

I've got a lot of work to do before the Europeans so hopefully I can break the record again.
The 19-year old, who moved to the High Performance Centre in Manchester three months ago, narrowly just missed out on breaking the record again in the final, touching in 1:11.36 to win gold with 1025 points.

“I'm really really happy,” Fox said. “I didn't think I'd go so fast in my heats but my hard training is paying off. I've got a lot to do before Europeans so I can go and break the record again. At the worlds I had a slow back end so I'm working hard on that.”

James Crisp (S9) came back from injury last year and looked on course to prove he was back to form with a strong final swim. He touched in 1:03.80 and won silver with 911 points.

Bronze went to Ben Procter (S14) with a score of 823 and a time of 1:08.09.
Paralympian Stephanie Millward won gold in the women’s 100m Backstroke with a time outside of her best but within the qualification time for this summer's IPC European Championships in Berlin.

Millward settled into her usual steady pace at the first 50m and touched in a time of 1:12.12 and won the gold with 887 points.

Natalie Massey (S14) also swam under the qualification time for Berlin after touching in 1:13.19 and took silver with 866 points. Bronze went to Hannah Russell (S12) in 1:14.21 with 800 points.

James Anderson (S2) swam to glory in the men’s 50m Backstroke after touching in a time of 1:09.25 and scored 759 points. Anthony Stephens (S5 ) won the silver in 44.33 with 494 points.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails